PRO LANDSCAPE DESIGN
TOP RATED LOCAL® LANDSCAPING
Prepare Your Jacksonville Landscaping For Summer Now
We’re barely entering spring, but before we know it summer will be here. Soon temperatures will hit the high 80s and low 90s on an almost-daily basis. All of that heat does a number on your landscaping, and without proper precautions, you could be left with a yard full of dead, scorched grass.
Today, we’d like to offer a few suggestions that you can follow in the coming months to ensure that your lawn will be a thriving success in summer. And of course, if you need specific jobs done that require a professional landscaper in Jacksonville, like installing a sprinkler system or doing large-scale commercial landscaping, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Prepare Your Jacksonville Landscaping For Summer
- Aerate Your Lawn: Aeration of the lawn involves using a special tool to create holes in the soil to allow air, water, and fertilizer to penetrate the root system of your grass. This should be done in early-to-late spring, and no later. This allows time for the holes in the soil to fill back in before the blazing summer heat takes over.
- Control Pests: If you find a lot of dead plants of leaves with holes in them, you could have a pest problem. You can apply an insecticide in late spring before the temperature reaches the high 80s, as this allows the insects to have begun their lifecycle, but protects your plants from the dangerous combination of heat and insecticide.
- Fertilize Before Summer Hits: If you fertilize in the dead of summer, you risk creating a soft undergrowth that will struggle during the hot season, as well as risk burning your lawn. Instead, fertilize in early spring to ensure that the lush undergrowth that pops up will be strong by the time summer rolls around.
- Don’t Overwater: We know on a hot, humid day you might be tempted to douse yourself with the garden hose. We don’t blame you! But your lawn needs a different type of care. Overwatering on hot days can make your lawn more susceptible to diseases that thrive in hot, wet conditions. Prepare for summer by having C & L Landscape install an automated sprinkler system, at which time they can help you determine a summer watering schedule appropriate for the type of grass you have and the upcoming weather.
- Fill In Bare Areas: Bare patches can happen in the grass for a number of reasons. Perhaps your kid was pretending to be a pirate hunting for buried treasure and went a little too intense with the shovel, or you could have spilled chemicals on your lawn while cleaning your car. Early spring is an ideal time to fill in these bare spots so the roots can take hold before summer. Till the soil in the area where you wish to plant new grass and sprinkle some grass seeds. Continue to water and fertilize as normal.
Need Help Getting Ready For Summer? We Can Help!
Your Jacksonville landscapers offer both residential and commercial landscaping. Our team can assess your lawn to see exactly what it needs now in order to thrive during the summer, and can also spruce everything up while they’re at it. Get in touch today to schedule spring lawn maintenance to ensure you’re all ready for when summer hits!
It’s about service. It’s about quality results and work that is durable and reliable, providing only the best because that’s what you deserve. Landscaping is a craft that has been passed down through our generations, see the difference today.
From parks and streetscapes to remodeling to lawn care, we do it all with an excellence that has given us a reputation throughout Florida. Learn more about what we can do for you and get your free quote today.
DON'T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
OUR SATISFIED CLIENTS SAY IT ALL
Check out the testimonials from our happy customers below
Our project involved landscaping our backyard after we had a pool installed. We wanted to have a complete makeover to complement our new pool and enclosure. We also needed a new sprinkler system designed and installed…Read More
C & L landscaping has played a major role in preparing my home here in Jax beach this past year. They have done a beautiful job. Almost any such company could do that but I have…Read More