PRO LANDSCAPE DESIGN
TOP RATED LOCAL® LANDSCAPING
How Often Do I Really Need To Water My Lawn?
As Jacksonville’s trusted irrigation and sprinkler system experts, residents are always asking us “how often do I really need to water my lawn?”
This is a legitimate question, especially when you’ve got that one neighbor who seems to be giving his lawn a drink every single day of the week. With water conservation at the top of people’s minds these days, it’s important to use irrigation and sprinkler systems responsibly, even in the moist climate of Jacksonville.
We decided to round up some of our best irrigation and sprinkler system tips so our customers could feel confident in how they’ve programmed their watering schedule.
Remember, if you don’t have a sprinkler system or simply don’t have the time to worry about if and when your lawn is getting watered, our commercial and residential landscaping services are always available to you!
Common Irrigation and Sprinkler System Mistakes
Before we reveal the hard and fast rule for correctly watering your lawn, let’s explore some of the irrigation and sprinkler system mistakes we’ve seen people make all over Jacksonville.
- Sprinkler systems running in the blazing hot sun – When it’s hot outside, a large percentage of the water that’s flowing out of your sprinkler system will evaporate long before it even gets close to the roots of your grass.
- Sprinkler systems running when it’s raining – This happens all the time when people have sprinklers set to go off at the same time each day. Contact C&L Landscaping to ask about rain sensors that could tell your system to turn off during a programmed time if water is already falling from the sky.
- Sprinkler systems that aren’t properly aligned – This is a major waste of water in Jacksonville! Irrigation and sprinkler systems must be re-aligned every year to ensure that water is landing on your grass and not on the street, driveway, or on the neighbor’s car.
Using Irrigation and Sprinkler Systems Correctly
Now that you know what NOT to do when it comes to sprinkler and irrigation system installation, let’s talk about things you SHOULD do.
- Know your grass type – The type of grass that’s planted in your lawn will help you to set up the right watering schedule. Some grasses are known to be drought resistant, so they can go longer between waterings, while other grass is more delicate.
- Water at the right time of day – As we’ve already mentioned, the right time is NOT at the hottest point of the day or when it’s raining. The best time to water your lawn is right before or after sunrise, around 5 or 6 am in the morning. This ensures that as much water as possible will be absorbed before the sun is fully up.
So, how often does your lawn need to be watered? No matter where you live or what kind of grass you have, the rule of thumb is that grass should be watered deeply no more than three times per week.
If you need more help programming your irrigation or sprinkler system, or are interested in new sprinkler system installation, contact the experts at C&L Landscaping in Jacksonville today!
Related Tag: Lawn Sprinkler System Installation
It’s about service. It’s about quality results and work that is durable and reliable, providing only the best because that’s what you deserve. Landscaping is a craft that has been passed down through our generations, see the difference today.
From parks and streetscapes to remodeling to lawn care, we do it all with an excellence that has given us a reputation throughout Florida. Learn more about what we can do for you and get your free quote today.
DON'T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
OUR SATISFIED CLIENTS SAY IT ALL
Check out the testimonials from our happy customers below
Our project involved landscaping our backyard after we had a pool installed. We wanted to have a complete makeover to complement our new pool and enclosure. We also needed a new sprinkler system designed and installed…Read More
C & L landscaping has played a major role in preparing my home here in Jax beach this past year. They have done a beautiful job. Almost any such company could do that but I have…Read More